This course is part of a programme of training courses Wandsworth Advice will be arranging over the coming months
Date: Wednesday, 3 September 2014, 9.45 – 4.30
Where: Chapel Room, Katherine Low Settlement, 108 Battersea High Street
Delivered by: The Benefits Training Company
Please note, all participants who attend this course are then entitled to 12-months free consultancy from the Benefits Training Company on any benefit issues raised by their clients
Open to: staff and volunteers of non-profit advice and/or information providers based and providing services to Wandsworth residents
Cost: Wandsworth Advice is covering the costs of this event so it will be free to participants
How to book: please use the booking form at the bottom of this post
- To provide an overview of the benefits which can be claimed by adults and children with a health problem or a disability
- To provide an overview of the benefits which can be claimed by carers of adults and children with a health problem or a disability
- To provide email and telephone support for 12 months following the course
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the different types of health and disability related benefits which can be claimed in respect of adults and children;
- Have a good understanding of who can claim each disability related and carer benefit;
- Be able to successfully facilitate claims on behalf of people affected by a health problem and/or their carer;
- Know how to deal with typical problems, such as payments stopping;
- Have an awareness of how disability and carers benefits can lead to increases in the wider system;
- Be able to maximise income for people affected by a health problem/disability and their carers;
- Have access to advice regarding any benefits-related question for 12 months after the course.
Methods of delivery
This is a practical course. It is delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, group work and exercises, case studies, group discussion and games.
This course is relevant to anyone who works with people affected by a health problem or a disability and/or the people who care for them.
Please book using the form below