This course is part of a programme of training courses Wandsworth Advice will be arranging over the coming months
Date: Wednesday, 10 September 2014, 9.45 – 4.30
Where: Chapel Room, Katherine Low Settlement, 108 Battersea High Street
Delivered by: The Benefits Training Company
Please note, all participants who attend this course are then entitled to 12-months free consultancy from the Benefits Training Company on any benefit issues raised by their clients
Open to: staff and volunteers of non-profit advice and/or information providers based and providing services to Wandsworth residents
Cost: Wandsworth Advice is covering the costs of this event so it will be free to participants.
How to book: please use the booking form at the bottom of this page
- To provide a systematic and practical guide to tackling the ESA assessment process and how to trouble-shoot payment problems;
- To provide a systematic and practical guide to tackling problems caused by ESA sanctions;
- To provide email and telephone support for 12 months following the course.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the ESA claims process from beginning to end;
- Be able to use the Work Capability Assessment criteria effectively;
- Know how to get ESA payments restarted when they are stopped following a failure to return forms and/or attend an ATOS appointment;
- Be able to advise claimants on their options following an ATOS assessment and a negative decision;
- Be able to guide claimants through the appeals process;
- Understand ESA work-related requirements;
- Be able to use the Work Programme provider guidance effectively;
- Be able to advise ESA claimants effectively before, during and after a sanction decision has been made;
- Know how to get support after the course.
Methods of delivery
This is a practical course. It is delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, group work and exercises, case studies, group discussion and games.
This course is relevant to anyone who works with people who need to claim Employment and Support Allowance.
Please book using the form below