This course has been arranged by Wandsworth Advice and is part of a wider programme of courses designed to improve and maintain a high quality of relevant knowledge within the Wandsworth advice sector
Date: Tuesday, 31st March 2015 10am until 4.15pm
Delivered by: The Benefits Training Company
Open to: staff and volunteers of non-profit advice and/or information providers based in and providing services to Wandsworth residents. If you do not meet this criteria then contact us to see if we are able to offer some flexibility
Cost: Wandsworth Advice is covering the costs of this event so it will be free to participants
How to book: please use the booking form at the bottom of this post
- To provide an understanding of who is eligible for Housing and Council Tax
Benefits and how amounts are worked out;
- To enable participants to make effective applications for Discretionary
- To provide email and telephone support for 12 months following the course.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be able to advise people on their eligibility for Housing Benefit;
- Have gained an understanding of how Housing Benefit is calculated;
- Be aware of changes in circumstances that affect entitlement;
- Know how to make a claim and when payment should start;
- Be aware of the most common problem areas and possible solutions;
- Have an understanding of how Housing Benefit will change, including the
effect of Universal Credit;
- Have an awareness of how the Discretionary Housing Payment scheme is
managed locally and how to make effective applications.
- Have access to advice regarding any benefits-related question for 12 months
after the course.
Methods of delivery:
This is a practical course. It is delivered using a combination of trainer presentation, group work and exercises, case studies, group discussion and games.
This course is relevant to anyone who works with tenants of a council, housing association or private landlord
Please book using the form below: